Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Four + Brewing Company's Rype

I don't know man, I think I may be headed downhill. Billed as "like a Beligian, but you can't tell from the looks." Well, I don't like Belgians. And thelooks are piss poor. So this one is getting ready to both suck and blow.

Pours a horribly clear cider-ey transparent orange. Doesn't look like a beer so much as a flavored ice tea. It's from Utah, so I guess that's no surprise. Dull light tan head that thins to spots very quickly.Yeah, smells like a wit. A hint of orange citrus, but dull.

Water in Houston has more body and flavor than this (and that explains the third testicle I've grown). Dull, flat taste. Like a half-strength lager, or a Michelob. Fine, make that 1/4 strength.

The best thing about this beer is the aftertaste. Mostly because it means you're that much closer to not having to taste it any more, but it's actually a decent balance of hops and malt, once the beer is down.

No comments:

Post a Comment