Sunday, September 19, 2010

Real Ale Brewing Company's Oktoberfest

I'm glad to see the various new beers from Real Ale. I've liked them for years, even back when people were complaining about carbonation issues, or distribution problems, or whatever it was cool to complain about at the time. All that seems to be behind them now, and I haven't heard a complaint about them, legitimate or otherwise, for some time. What they need now is a good stout--but that's not a complaint. I just want someone to give Southern Star and Independence Brewing a run for their money. And I love Saint Arnold's, but their stout is flat-out inferior to the others.

This one pours a nice, clear orangish-amber with a great small celled tan head that stays well. Smells very mildly spicy, and zippy.

Light taste with low bitterness and malt, with a good spiciness for the style. I don't really know Bavarian Style from Marzen, but they taste pretty close to me. Which makes this an excellent beer for an Oktoberfest.

No comments:

Post a Comment