Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Sierra Nevada Brewing Company's Sierra 30th Anniversary Fritz and Ken's Ale

I like this one already. This is my favorite brewery that knows how to stay close to home despite selling a ton of beer (I'm looking at you, Sam Adams). The second I popped the cork I could already smell it.

Pours opaque and black with a great, small celled dark tan head that is as big as you want to pour it.

Nice, mellow roasted smell. Not really coffee, more like a slight bit of cocoa.

Pretty much perfect. Nice and smooth, it has the body of a heavy milk stout without the lactose taste. Still the hint of cocoa, and not a hint of the 9.2% ABV. Which, by the way, is exactly how to do it. All of the chumps at BrewDog could really learn from this beer. Stop following Stone (they're not worth copying, anyway), and start making great beers that focus more on being beer than a pissing contest. Just like this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment