Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Kreuz Market Update

Well, if you remember my last post on Kreuz Market, you know that I was there so early that they had no ribs for me. It was a let-down, but gave me an excuse to go back, as if I needed one.

So I made the trek back and had plenty of just about everything. And to my surprise, and disappointment, the rims were the least of their offerings. The brisket was better than I remembered, the pork chops were the same, and the beef shoulder was better. The ribs, though, were probably the least favorite ribs from anywhere in that area. Yes, even Black's BBQ beats them. They were too big, and far too fatty. Flavor was OK, but it was just a chore to eat them at times.

I'll go back most likely to give them a third shot at it, but all in all City Market is still the best of the bunch. I have yet to have them tell me they were out of anything, and everything was perfect. I wish they offered pork chops and beef shoulder, I'd never go anywhere else.

2 comments:

  1. Where's the love for Kreuz's sausage? I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I commented on it last time (I think), but didn't have it this time. I'm not a huge sausage fan, anyway, and rate BBQ joints primarily on brisket and ribs.

    Either way, I love the place. Just had reason to be a little miffed on my last two trips there.

    (And Smitty's sausage is better.)

    ReplyDelete