Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Choc Beer Company's Miner Mishap

Alright, back in the saddle after a long stint being too busy to do anything but work and sleep. But excuses are like assholes, I guess, so here we go.

Pours nicely opaque for a black lager. Sure, they're all called black, but they're usually fairly see-through. This one has a nice brownish tinge to it, and a good tan head for a lager that stays moderately well.

Nice grainy malt smell. Much like a lighter stout.

Fairly bitter, almost like a pale. Blacks are usually more malty than hoppy, but this one is a bit on the hoppy side. Slight twang to it that fades to a dull bitterness.

All in all a good beer, I think. Slightly off type, but not too much, and I bet it's very good on tap. I won't go looking for it, but if I was from wherever this was made, I'd probably drink it regularly.

No comments:

Post a Comment