Sunday, June 20, 2010

Tallgrass Brewing Company's Buffalo Sweat

Alright--back from another round of illness, but ready to go. I do have some catching up to do, mostly with parks, but while I get started on some of that I'm going to have this beer. I thought it was going to be a brown, but it's a stout, so it's already looking up.

Pours an opaque blackish brown with a better than average dark tan head.

Nice smell. A bit harsh and grainy, with a nice chocolate smell hidden way under there somewhere.

Odd taste. Has all of the above characteristics, plus a mild bitterness, but probably the closest analogy would be that this tastes like a Belgian stout. It has that odd yeast taste of many Belgians that I'm not very fond of. Feels a bit like a milk stout, with that forced smoothness that lactose can give a beer.

This is about par for a Tallgrass beer, not great, but not really that bad either.

No comments:

Post a Comment