Saturday, June 26, 2010

Thomas Bar-B-Q

Alright, I ordered the three meat plate, with the holy trinity of brisket, ribs and sausage, which came smothered in sauce. Serious party foul. Sauce is nice though. Slightly vinegary and peppery, maybe a little tomotoey? I like it.

Green beans are overcooked and mushy. Black eyed peas too. They tasted good but it was kind of like black eyed pea soup.

They make their own hot links, and they're well cooked and lean, like I like. Great flavor, slightly smoky, well ground as opposed to the fatty and chunky summer sausage type.

Texas toast instead of bread, which takes me back to my DQ country basket days.

Only one rib? That's kind of a rip. It was kind of tough, and more like a pork chop. Not very much smoke to it at all.

Brisket is lean, but not dry and well smoked. Would be excellent if not smothered in sauce, but it's very good even with it.

Peach cobbler is great. Lots of crust, not soupy, and not too sweet.

Over all this is a good local place to stop in. I'll choose different sides and be sure to keep the sauce on the side in the future, but I think it's one of the best BBQ places in town. It's a damn sight better than Goode Co. or Pappas, but not up to par with anything in Luling or Lockhart. That's not really a fair comparison though, and I'll be back to this place whenever I find myself hungry on the north loop.

No comments:

Post a Comment