Thursday, September 3, 2009

Real Ale Brewing Company's Brewhouse Brown Ale

Alright, time to finish off this Real Ale sixer and resume cleaning out the spring and summer beers I've hoarded in my cellar. Well, my cabinet where I have to hide my beer so the wife's buddies don't think I'm an alcoholic.

Pours decently enough. I don't ever think I'll find an honest brown with a good head on it though. This one is almost non-existent, although the color is right on.

Bready, a little grainy, and a hint of nutty. All good qualities in a brown, as long as they're balanced, and so far they seem to be. No hops of note, also a good thing.

Well, I thik the body would be right on but it seems a little over carbonated. That makes it a little zippier than it should be. And makes me wonder why the head disappeared so fast if there's this much carbonation. Slight hops, but just a hint. Still nutty and grainy, all of which are appropriate. As it warms the body gets hollow, and the carbonation makes it feel almost like a Perrier, with that carbonated bite that an overly-carbonated drink has.

Smacks of their past carbonation issues, but is decent enough. Not the best of their beers by far.

No comments:

Post a Comment