Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Real Ale Brewing Company's Full Moon Pale Rye Ale

I'm always looking for an excuse to buy Texas beers, and the only regularly offered mixed sixer in the state gives me just that. More bang for the buck, and it's been a while since I bought this one. I'm hoping their past infection/carbonation issues (or whatever it was that was causing them to foam or be funky) are handled.

So far so good. Pours a hazy amber with a light tan head that fades faster than I'd like, but that's something else that Real Ale beer have always done.

Smells crisp and grassy. All the good characteristics that a pale and a rye should have. Decent bready malt backbone as well.

Nice. Solid bitterness grabs you up front, with a smooth body. It's light bodied, which is OK for a pale but expected in a rye. The bitterness has a particular twang that's good for a rye as well. Bitterness lingers in the aftertaste for just a bit before finishing clean.

Very good beer. Hope the consistency and QC is improved, and I'll come back to it more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment