Monday, January 18, 2010

Snake River Brewing Company's Zonker Stout

I have no idea where I got this beer. But it's one of about 45 that are in the cellar that I've never tried, adn I thought it would be good to follow the barleywine I just had with a big beer like a stout.

Pours an opaque black with a nice light tan head. Looks right.

Nice roasted smell, with a tobacco undertone that I like every time I smell it in a stout. This is looking up.

Good feel to it. Not really heavy, and the carbonation keeps it light as it goes down. Roasted taste picks up and is prevalent. Fades to the tobacco taste a bit, but mostly it's still roasted grain. Mild hoppiness that gets you on the back of the tongue but never comes out in the taste.

Good stout. Nothing sexy in any category, but solid and drinkable.

No comments:

Post a Comment