Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Spring Creek Barbeque

I'm not adding a map entry to this, because you can get this franchise's food just about anywhere. I went to lunch with several others recently, and the consensus (with my dissent) was to go there. So, I decided to hold my nose and try it.

But you know, it wasn't too bad.

The pepper sausage was decent. Not smoked enough, and slightly too porky tasting, it was still alright. The brisket was too fatty, but smoked well enough and also decent. The pork ribs were actually good. They used a sweet rub that is more molasses based than their sauce. They were lean and well-smoked, and came right off the bone. The sauce was a twangy vinegar-based type that is really not good at all. Sides were decent, beans like in a Luby's, large-chopped slaw, and decent enough pinto beans.

All in all, it was better than expected. But nowhere near the places where 80-year-olds man the pits in places that have been around for decades. I mention it here, I don't know, just for completeness, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment