Thursday, March 11, 2010

Margaritaville Brewing Company's Landshark Lager

This is the height of my self-loathing. You see, if I can get a single of a beer, I have to buy it. It's like my compulsion to buy stouts, but knowing it'll be bad. I don't know what it is. I hate everything about this beer in advance. An American Macro, that is sure to be more like Corona than Budweiser, which I actually like. Jimmy Buffett sucks ass. And Florida sucks. So I know it's going to suck.

Pours a very clear yellow with a fizzy white head.

You know, it smells like a mils Czech pilsner. No, German. It's sweeter and maltier than a Czech. Surprising.

Yep, there's where it goes downhill--in the taste. Much like a Corona. Kind of a European golden lager--weak and watery. No body, just an adjunct taste with weak bitterness and lame aftertaste.

So, on top of sucking, that bastard Jimmy Buffett teased me with a decent smell. Assface.

3 comments:

  1. As we all know, taste is subjective. I happen to like Landshark beer, and Jimmy Buffett, and Florida (well, most parts of Florida). I really don't know what your credentials are in beer tasting, actually really don't care. I have tried beers in so many places, some better, some worse than this Landshark, but all in all, I enjoy this adult beverage ice cold, with an abundance of friends and warm weather. I doubt you know what that is like, so opinionated and full of "downer" attitude. Karma, Dude...that's all I'm saying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your derisive use of the English language only goes to galvanize the obvious: 1. You live in Texas. 2. You are reviewing beer which is easily obtained in any supermarket. Kind of like a wine aficionado discussing the virtues of Woodbridge or Beringer. Why hate Florida so much? Jealous? What no sandy beaches on two coasts, coupled with a cult like following whether it comes to music, sport fishing, or life style ? Guess you could cuddle up with your adopted unemployed celebrity George W and share a cold Lone Star. You certainly have a keen ability to represent the US, don't you?
    As for Anonyminity- my name is Kevin & I live in Florida. Proud of our state, love the heritage & culture & have a case of Landshark right next to a case of Belikin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I just tried it for the first time today, and I have to say Landshark Lager sucks. I agree with the original post. On my first sip, the first thing that crossed my mind was that they were going for a light lager with hint of fruit, aka a Corona with lime or a Hefeweizen with lemon maybe. But then I realized, nope -- it just tastes like crap. I had to look up the name of the brewery on-line right away, because my first suspicion was that it was a major brewery trying to pull a fast one. Really -- pretty awful beer, and anyone that posts here that actually appreciates *good* beer oughta know that.

    ReplyDelete