Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Sweet Water Brewing Company's Extra Pale Ale

Beer from Georgia? We'll see.

Pours deeper than a standard pale, slightly amber with a light tan head that is thin from the start and only gets thinner.

Very nice smell though. Piney hops that are very solid. It may actually live up to the "extra" billing. As the hops smell dissipates with the head, the sweet malt peeks out a bit.

A bit of a fizzy feel and harsh(ish) aftertaste, but on the front end it has a fairly crisp bitterness and decent enough body.

Not a beer I'll look for too often, but it was a BOTM beer so I'll probably never see it again anyway. I'd keep the others that it came with, but I have about 80 singles that I've never tried before. And that's no shit. So I'll be trying those instead, but this would be good enough if not for the alternatives.

No comments:

Post a Comment