Monday, October 18, 2010

Abbaye St-Remy's Trappistes Rochefort 10

I stopped trying Belgians by the time this one was widely available in Houston, but I couldn't pass it up for one reason, here about a month ago.

Nice, deep smell. Not terribly bready like I'd expect, but deep ad not hoppy. Slightly fizzy smell to it. Tan head didn't stick around too long, but didn't disappear immediately, either.

Big feel to it, like a quad should have. Fairly strong alcohol taste, which isn't unexpected from an 11.3% ABV, but I wish it was hidden a little better. I know a lot of people would talk about dark fruits when describing this beer, but I refuse to. It has a deep, slow taste to it, with a wet cigar tobacco aftertaste.

Excellent beer. Trappists know what they're doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment