Sunday, October 3, 2010

Michigan Brewing Company's Celis White

This post will be proof positive to the one person who ever reads it that I can be objective. Just because I don't like something, doesn't mean it isn't done right.

This one pours a hazy yellow with a fizzy white head that fades fairly quickly. Throws off a ton of floral hops and that weird, chemical smelling yeast that I don't like. But, of course, it's supposed to be like that.

Ooof. Smells the same. Do.Not.Like.

Yeah, tastes to me like a weak form of cleaning solution. It's zippy and light, with a huge amount of the Belgian-type yeast that I just cannot stand.

But for the style, it's very good. It has all of the characteristics that a Belgian wit should have, and is fairly strong for one as well. So if you like for even the lighter beers to have a little more kick than usual, and like Belgians, you'll like this one.

I just don't, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment