Friday, October 22, 2010

Otter Creek Brewing Company's Wolaver's Certified Organic Ben Gleason's White Ale

Saw the label and thought it was going to be a straight-up wheat. Must. Read. The. Labels.

Pours a hazy yellow with a white head that thins to a sheet fairly quickly. Has that deep yeasty smell that wits have. I'm hopeful though, because it doesn't have the plastic or chemical smell that many have. I've like the only other Wolaver's beer I've had so far, which was a very good stout, so maybe this will be better than most wits as well.

Eh. It's heavier-bodied than most macros, but not much, and has a zip to it that they can have. Smothered under a hugely wet, yeasty taste. I like this better than most wits, but it's still not my favorite style. It is, however, well done for the style that it is ad I'd recommend it to anyone who like wits.

No comments:

Post a Comment