Sunday, October 24, 2010

Dixie Brewing Company's Blackened Voodoo Lager

I hate all things that incorporate the word 'Dixie' into them, and despite avoiding this one for years for that very reason, I decided to buy it just so I could hate on it.

Blackened? Not really. It's closer to a brown. It's like their hillbilly dislike for black people kept them from making a black beer, too. It has that wet raisin smell that poorly made lagers often have.

It's a lager, so I didn't expect it to have much body, but this tastes and feels like an MGD 64--whatever that tastes like, anyway. It feels weak. The bitterness tastes like it comes from a bad metal taste from the tanks, not hops. No malt to speak of.

All in all, exactly what I expected. Maybe the next big hurricane will take this place out for good.

No comments:

Post a Comment