Sunday, October 3, 2010

Buzzards Bay Brewing Company's Buzzard's Bay Brown

Man, I remember the last time I looked up this brewery I found that it had been sold and the labels discontinued. And that felt like a year ago. Still, it's sitting in the cellar, so I'm trying it tonight. Besides, I just came back from out of state with about 40 new beers to try, so I'm cleaning house.

Pours a clear, slightly coppery brown with a nice enough tan head. Browns never seem to have much in the way of carbonation or head, and this one follows that trend.

Smells fine. Earthy malt, slightly nutty, low hops that are more floral than bitter.

Nice enough taste as well. It is still a bit raw feeling like a brown should be, but it has lost quite a bit of its zip. This beer is well over a year old, so that's expected. I bet it was really good back then. It's pretty good now.

It's also gone for good.

No comments:

Post a Comment