Monday, December 14, 2009

Indian Wells Brewing Company's Mojave Red

Admittedly, I bought this because I like trying different stuff, and because I love this brewery. I have not been out searching for the elusive red lager, but this is one of few breweries that I'd buy one from. My guess: that it is exactly what it says it is. Nothing more, nothing less, and certainly nothing sexy.

Pours red enough, with moderate carbonation and a small, fizzy tan head that fades quickly.

Smells like a tart pale. Kind of on type, but also with a hint of rice.

Yep. Nothing sexy. Moderate bitterness with less malt than an ale, it's light and drinkable but that's about it. Better than a macro, nothing close to their other beers. Gets a bit card-boardy as it warms.

Nothing mysterious, just a red lager.

No comments:

Post a Comment