Sunday, April 24, 2011

Blue Moon Brewing Company's Full Moon Winter Ale

An abbey ale... brewed with Belgian sugar... by a macro brewer. What the Hell, I like Budweiser, we'll see if this is any good.

Pours a nice, fairly opaque amber with a very nice head--although I poured it fast, so we'll see if there's any taste left once the head is gone. Blue Moon Brewing Company's Full Moon Winter. Pretty nice smell to it. Fairly malty and slightly peppery, like a winter (warmer?) ale should be.

Meh. Very weak in the feel compared to the appearance. Empty cardboard bitterness that fades almost immediately and leaves you with a feeling like you're missing something. Or maybe that something has even been taken from you. Or like you've been fondled by a stranger, or something.

If it was a movie, I'd want my two hours back. Instead, I'm just going to pour it out and be glad I didn't have to buy more than one of them, and them I'm going to go take a shower. Although I don't know if I'll ever feel clean again.

No comments:

Post a Comment