Thursday, April 7, 2011

Twisted Pine Brewing Company's Raspberry Wheat

Drinking this one in the middle of the day so I can cover it up with other beers later--like that DR11 I just scored.

Pours a very slightly hazy yellow to light amber. Big foamy head that I'm hoping will go away, and makes me wonder if I need to switch dishwasher soaps. We'll have to try out that theory with a few more beers. Very strong carbonation despite the foaming and despite the fact that it has to be almost two years old--I've been avoiding it for a while.

Yup. Raspberry and wheat. Has a zippy wheat smell that is just right though.

Same in the taste, but without the wheat zip. The raspberry just drags it down.

It has to be right on style, but why there are beers like this I will never understand. It is not pleasant to drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment