Friday, April 29, 2011

San Miguel Brewery's Red Horse Beer

In searching my past beers, I see I've already had one from the Philippines, which surprises the hell out of me.

This one pours a very clear yellow with a pretty nice white head. I'm going to call it a pilsner already, because the head is throwing off that pilsner funk. Seems kind of sweet, so I'm going with German.

No, it's too crisp for a German. So I'm switching to Czech. It's not as crisp as a Czechvar or something similar, but it's not nearly malty enough for a German. If not for a fairly strong adjunct grain harshness, it would be a very nice beer. As it is, it's just middle of the road. Better than an American macro, but that's not saying too much.

1 comment:

  1. Please post where you bought Red Horse beer in Texas.

    ReplyDelete