Saturday, April 23, 2011

Live Oak Brewing Company's Primus Weizenbock

Had to google this to make sure the bartender gave me the correct style, and she was off by a touch. She said it was an eisbock, which probably would have made it a bit stronger. No big deal, and the only thing I''m a little pissed about is the "banana and cloves" description on the website. That is the faggiest beer description ever, and I hate it every time I see it.

Pours a loosely or even unfiltered brownish red, with a nice dark-ish tan head. Nice bready smell with floral hops.

It's a bit yeasty, which is where they get their banana and cloves BS. Seems almost more like a Belgian strong ale than a weisbock, because it has more body and is much smoother in the feel than any type of bock. It has the Belgian flavors in the yeast that I mostly don't like, but Live Oak makes easy to drink by making it subordinate to the malt.

Very nice beer. One of the few that I like that is this yeasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment