Monday, April 25, 2011

Snake River Brewing Company's Pale Ale

I remember liking this brewery, but I don't remember why. I can't remember where I got this beer or how long ago, but I'm hoping it has held up over however long.

Pours an unfiltered deep amber with a nice light tan head. Holy Hell, I've heard and even described some beers as being floral, but this one is nuts. The head throws off a huge lavender smell. It had me wondering if there was some dish soap in the glass, but I've just been rinsing it out after every use. So it has to be coming from the beer, and I mean it is big. It smells like I'm about to drink a girl with too much perfume. I don't mind that, though. Been a while...

Odd. Smell is so attached to taste, and this smell is so big, that you can't drink this beer without smelling it and that smell is still overpowering. It has fairly strong carbonation and because the taste is so weak compared to the smell, it sort of comes across as a bland soda. Empty.

Disappointing beer, although interesting because of that smell.

Disappointing beer. Interesting though, because of that smell.

No comments:

Post a Comment