Saturday, April 23, 2011

Lake Superior Brewing Company's Sir Duluth Oatmeal Stout

I don't even remember where or when I got this. Which may not be a good sign, but we'll see.

Pours an opaque black that is amber to clear at the edges. Looks a little light in the body. Very small tan head that is pretty small for a stout, much less one with oatmeal. Nice smell to it though. Lots of tannins, like a porter, and some very subtle coffee, but mostly alcohol.

Smooth, like an oatmeal stout should be, but still a lot of alcohol. And that's weird, for a standard stout. It diminishes fairly quickly though, and gives way to a nice roasted coffee flavor.

Good beer that I bet is really good on tap. The alcohol bite bothers me, but I'm chalking it up tot he age of the beer, which is my fault. I need to drink more.

No comments:

Post a Comment