Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Florida Beer Company's Hurricane Reef Pale Ale

I hate cleaning out the cellar and seeing a beer that I just know I don't want to drink.

Pours a very clear light amber, with a nice tan head and decent, if slow, carbonation. Maybe the slowness means it has a decent body to it. We'll see.

Smells sweet and light, with a hint of yeast. Tastes light as well, and sweet, until the bitterness turns a bit cardboard-ish. Very mildly bitter, for a pale. After a couple of larger sips (to try to get rid of it), it tastes a bit like a stronger Budweiser, but sweeter.

I remember setting this one aside and not remembering of it was one that I should give away. I have several friends that I give mixed sixers made of beers that I wasn't terribly impressed by, and this should have been one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment