Monday, November 16, 2009

Indian Wells Brewing Company's Amnesia IPA

I'm cleaning out the beer cellar from all of the random leftovers from Spring and Summer, and ran across this one way in the back. It's been sitting for almost a year, and while not a barleywine or otherwise intended for cellaring, I remember this one as big enough to take it.

Pours an orangish amber with a neon-like glow. Huge tan head that gets pillowy, then rocky, and never really goes away.

You can smell this one without getting near the glass. I hope the head isn't throwing off all the taste, but from what I know of this beer it isn't. It is, however, throwing off a huge crisp, hoppy smell that has a hint of orange citrus to it in addition to the sweet malt and bitter hops.

It has certainly mellowed a bit over the last year, but it still packs a great bitter punch. It's not as crisp as I remember it being, but it's still well within the type for an IPA. It finishes fairly dull, probably because it's a bit older than it's supposed to be.

It's one of my all-time favorite IPA's, and I'll get it again, I just won't leave any soldiers behind like this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment