Monday, November 30, 2009

Rogue Brewing Company's Yellow Snow IPA

I'm guessing that the TABC doesn't like the Yellow Snow part of this label, which is why we don't have it in Texas. Bastards. I showed them though, I flew all the way to California and found it. It's part of my beer haul that includes 52 beers that I've never had, or haven't had in Texas.

This one pours a hazy amber with a huge pillowy off white head.

Grassy smell. Somewhat malty, but the hops get you more than anything.

Big grassy bitterness that finishes clean and doesn't get off or cardboard-ish in the aftertaste. Malt in the feel, but not really in the taste. Not a whole lot to write about here. Reminds me a lot of Dead Guy Ale in that I love the brewery, and it's within the style guidelines, but it's just not terribly exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment