Monday, November 9, 2009

Ridgeway Brewing's IPA

My first Ridgeway beer that I know of. We'll see. I generally like British beers, so I'm hoping for the best.

Pours a clear yellowish amber with a neon-like glow that is usually indicative of a hollow taste. In a hoppy beer like an IPA, it can be more twangy than bitter.

Smells more yeasty than an IPA should. Plenty of sweet malt and a very floral hops smell, but it has a yeasty smell that a bottle conditioned beer can have when it doesn't have enough of its own flavor to stand up to the yeast.

Yeah, kind of hollow. Smooth body but kind of a soft drink feel and taste to it, like a bitter coke. It has the right amount of bitterness for an IPA, but finishes fast and disappears.

I'll probably try one or two more Ridgeway beers, but I'm guessing they're going to fall far short of Sam Smith.

No comments:

Post a Comment