Sunday, August 9, 2009

A Note About Southern Star Brewery

Alright, I know I've been a little rough on Southern Star. I'm not too wild about Pine Belt (never was, but I liked their first batch better than any subsequent batch, no matter how much they claim there's no difference), and the blonde isn't my style. I have yet to try any other offering, and I'm hoping for the best.

But regardless of any of that, I wanted to point out to the one other person who may ever read this that they're a damn good group of folks.

This weekend they participated in a charity softball tournament for a five year old girl with an inoperable brain tumor. I don't know anything about the girl, but decided to play when the e-mail came across. The owners were there, as well as the usual suspects for the brewery, a couple of their chicks, some dude and his teenage son, and one or two other folks.

They suck ass at softball, but had a good time for a good cause and seemed to be a good group of people. You should make an effort to support them, and I know I will buy more of their beer as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment