Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Dundee Brewing Company's Pale Ale

I've had a Dundee beer before (Octoberfest, I think), and was less than impressed. This one came in a mixed pack though, and I prefer to buy what may be a middle of the road beer in mixed packs because it's cheaper than buying them a sixer at a time. This was a twelve pack of six different beers, so it's perfect for that.

Pours a good orange-ish amber with a good light tan, almost off white head that stays well due to good carbonation.

Good smell for an amber. Lots of grassy to floral hops and a nice malt underneath it. Smells like it has substance.

Pretty good. Same grassy to floral hops taste that follows from the smell. Average body for a pale, with a bit of a hollow twang that I wish wasn't there. It gets sweeter as it warms, but loses the twang.

It's about what I'd expect from Dundee. Not bad, but not anything to look for again.

No comments:

Post a Comment