Thursday, July 16, 2009

Laguinitas Brewing Company's 2009 Correction Ale

I have to agree with the concept behind the name, 2009 was the year the market finally corrected a bit. Anything over 7,000 on the Dow is inflated to me, but hey, I'm a lawyer not an investment broker. Looks like I'll get to sue a lot of them, though.

Pours a clear, bright, orangish amber with a great large-celled and fluffy tan head. Good, slow, carbonation.

Huge grassy smell. So much so that there's not much else to the smell. It smells a bit like a Bigfoot without the malt.

Wow, big beer. I was less than impressed with the Hop Stoopid, because it was all hops and no cattle. This one has the malt backbone to back it up though. Big grassy bitterness that lingers well into the aftertaste, with a sweet malt behind it that means the body keeps up with the taste.

Very good beer, and I'll look for more in the future. I think it was only about four or five bucks, making it a steal.

No comments:

Post a Comment