Monday, July 27, 2009

Unibroue's Blanche de Chambly

This is kind of the worst of both worlds for me--French-Canadian Unibroue, and a Belgian wit. But like the other recent Unibroue beers, it was part of a mixed pack that was cheaper to buy and try like that than to buy four packs or bombers of each separate beer.

Poured like Duvel, although I'm not sure it was supposed to. Good cloudy light yellow appearance with a huge off white head and strong carbonation. Looks right on type.

Smells on type too, with that odd plastic smell. I think this is like cilantro. A person is predisposed to hate it, and to me cilantro tastes like freezer burn. And wits smell like plastic.

You know, it's better than most wits. It has that light, airy, white grape flavor but a decent amount of malt as well. Almost no hops at all. I'll never reach for a wit when out, but I wouldn't mind of someone handed me one of these.

No comments:

Post a Comment